Better Calendar Notifications

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cycocelica, Dec 15, 2015.

1. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

The OS X Calendar notifications are fine but sometimes I miss them because I use three monitors. I can't figure out if its possible to show the notification on all screens.

But I would love to have a notification pop up on screen, or from the menu bar or dock, sort of like Outlook on Windows (but better obviously). I can't find anything like that wondering if anyone else has had better luck. Thanks!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Do you have System Preferences>Notifications>Calendar>Calendar Alert Style set to "Banners" or "Alerts"?

3. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I have it set to Alerts. But as far as I can tell the alert only shows on the main screen and not all screens.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Right. I thought you may have had "Banners" chosen as those fade after a time. You're missing the alert notification even though it's on your one screen and not disappearing.

I don't think there's a way to mirror the notifications. You can set a custom alert for an event which opens up a lot of possibilities but I'm pretty sure you can't make it the default.

5. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I appreciate the guidance and help! Maybe some day Apple will give us better notification control.