better camera app for iPhone 4S - same view as in photo mode needed

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MacPat333, Oct 16, 2012.

1. MacPat333 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I enjoy taking pictures and more important videos with my 4S, but what bothers me a lot is the fact that when switiching from photo to video the window while recording becomes smaller!

It is really annoying as I need to move further away from the object I am recording. My hobby is car spotting and sometimes (or actually often times) I just can't go further back as it is blocked by an obsticle.

If I could find an app that allows me to record in the same angle and view as during the photo mode it would allow me to shot better videos!

Please helpl guys, I don't understand while Apple is not able to do the same viewing angle as in the photo mode!

Thanks guys!

2. bassjunky macrumors regular

It has to do with the resolution you're capturing. In photo mode, you're able to capture a much higher resolution (32**x24**) than in video mode. When capturing video, the resolution on the 4S is limited to 1080p (1920x1080), therefore the point of view in video is smaller than a still picture.

3. MacPat333 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, but the same should apply to any digital camera, but it doesn't. Is there any app that can go around this?

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Double tap the screen while recording a video to get the full widescreen view of your video.