better chat software than adium?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jus407, Mar 31, 2008.

1. jus407 macrumors member

OK first i gotta say I LOVE the mail program that macs come with i just sent spam back to the spammers with the cool bounce feature.

However, iChat not so much, it doesnt support myspace IM, so does anyone know of another program that supports Myspace IM all i can find is adium and that program freezes up too much...

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I thought MySpace IM was just an implementation of Jabber, like Google Talk, which iChat supports.

Then again, you shouldn't be having any troubles with Adium. I know in the 3 years I've used it I haven't.

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Adium is great once you get used to it. It is very customizable.

4. zebraman macrumors member

I must agree. I remember I installed it once and didnt like it and went back to ichat. couple months later reinstalled and gave it a shot. till this day i havent used ichat at all

5. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

That's my story too, minus the reinstalling it part...maybe I should give it a shot. I don't know, though, I just like iChat a lot...what made you switch back?

6. jus407 thread starter macrumors member

well i think i dont like it because i have three accounts that adium hooks up to and it tends to freeze up every now and then when logging me in...

but nobody knows of another program to connect to myspace IM?

7. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Do you know anyone else who has a Mac and uses MySpace IM? You could ask them. Or, check out the MySpace page...they might have a list of ones that work for Mac.