Better contact manager?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by detz, Aug 20, 2008.

1. detz macrumors 65816

Has there been a better one yet? There are two options I want in a contact manager.

1.) Hide certain numbers or sort them differently. I have food and store places in my phone that I never use and I have that that clutter up my book when I don't need them.

2.) Tmp contacts. Often with business people I will need to make calls once or twice but it's such a pain to add them as a contact just to keep their number in a location.

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Tapulous should be releasing friendbook soon. Maybe send them some feature requests in an email or something....

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Also I need a better search. I need to be able to search notes for keywords.

4. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

you can make contact groups in the contacts app on osx

and since the iphone just defaults to the last one you used, have a group for common contacts, but also work or food, or businesses or whatever

5. vettori macrumors 6502a

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

7. vettori macrumors 6502a

One new feature is contact filtering.

In one screen you will be able to choose a city, state, country, company and note. Note can be partial text. Leave a field blank and the app will not filter on that field.

When the filter is active, only contacts that matches are shown in the app, just like they are the only contacts in the database.

8. xjohn macrumors regular

Group with just phone numbers

The killer feature for me in an iPhone contact manager would be the ability to have an automatic contact group that contained only contacts with phone numbers.

Right now I'm syncing with Google contacts, so I have hundreds if not thousands of contacts with just email addresses. I want these on the phone so I can find them if I need them, but they make searching for a contact to call or SMS extremely tedious.

I could just make a group on my own, but this would be extremely time-consuming, and not feasible to update.

Can ABContacts do this?

9. vettori macrumors 6502a

I think I will add "smart groups" in a future version.

Please write to our support email address to discuss your needs.

Thank you !!

10. xjohn macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply! Smart Groups sounds great. I'll email your support if I have any suggestions.