Better graphics for Macbooks after update today?? (x3100 card)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by firstapple, Feb 11, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

OK...

I purchased the macheist bundle a while back, and with it came TikiGolf. I saw many people on the forums here sell it, so it must not have been very cool to them, but I for one really was looking forward to playing this game! However, on my new macbook (black) with the x3100 graphics card, the game was unplayable! Graphics were all messed up and nothing worked.

Can anyone here see if this update changed the capabilities of what our macbooks can do? I am downloading 10.5.2 right now, but my school's internet is horrible and download is taking over two hours! I would really just know if this fixes a few of our problems???

Thanks.....

2. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Can you link the software please (or to the developer's web site aleast) it might be little easy troubleshooting if I know the software is/was.

Cheers

3. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Well.. finally tested it out myself, and Tiki Golf still runs like crap! (sigh)

But, the graphics are definitely smoother in leopard now, for instance the grid display from stacks use to be choppy as hell, now runs very smooth! This goes all around, stacks, spaces, expose... everything looks good on those areas for me

4. McGiord, Feb 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Is this the update you applied?

Since the release of 10.5.2 mere hours ago, two more updates have been published by Apple, available via Software Update, or the Apple Support site:

* Leopard Graphics Update :
    Recommended to all users, this update includes updated graphics frameworks, intended to imrpove stability and compatibility of your Mac.
    This update requires OS X 10.5.2
    48Mb direct download HERE on the Apple Support site

http://www.hardmac.com/news/2008-02-12/#7757
    ________
    Jaguar XJR-15 history

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I am having the same problem trying to run Tiki Mini Golf on my Macbook. I went to there site and asked them about it. They answered back that they know it is a problem, and they are working on a fix.