Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mush10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
I had posted another thread about running Windows, but have determined I will be going with the MBA. I can purchase the 13 inch, 4 GB, 256 GB refurb tonight at a pretty sweet deal. If I wait on the refresh, I do not think I will want to splurge for the 256 price, but will need the 4 Gb. At the same time, I probably can get by with 128 storage.

So, my question is should I wait for the new processors or just make purchase tonight. I will be installing Windows (maybe just through Boot Camp, but if it runs Vm Fusion well I may use that too), to use a proprietary database and MS Office functions. On the OSx side I will use Internet, videos, and streaming. That is basically it. My biggest concern is buying the C2Duo and it just being too old. Any thoughts from the expert on the better value. Figure, I would keep either one for about 2 years.

Thanks as always for the advice.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
You will see no benefit from the faster CPU. Just get it now so you don't have to join the endless waiting wagon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.