Better MBP bag: Applesac Messenger vs. Crumpler Seed?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by steamed.hams, Oct 29, 2008.

1. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

Applesac Messenger Bag

[​IMG]

or

Complete Seed By Crumpler

[​IMG]

I really don't like any of the other crumpler laptop bag models, but I love the look of the Seed, and I've heard nothing but good things about this company's products and service.

But the Applesac Bag is cost effective, and the padded compartment would keep me from buying a sleeve...but it looks a little smaller, and I don't know if it would make a good "generic" bag when I'm not carrying around my MBP.

Any help is appreciated, and YES, I have searched older threads :eek:

2. rmb7984 macrumors regular

rmb7984

3. steamed.hams thread starter macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

Thank you for the tip, rmb7984!

I've taken a look at timbuk2 bags and many other brands, but I've narrowed down my search to the two that are shown in the OP.

4. dasmb macrumors regular

I'm a nut for bags -- I think there's no greater shame than putting a beautiful piece of electronics in a nasty, ill-fitting sack.

I like the Crumplr stuff -- it's gorgeous, modern and looks like it would survive an atomic blast. But it's bulky, and at the same time fits loosely around very slim mac laptops.

The Applesac looks good -- except for that cornball logo.

I have this for my 17" MBP: http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/backpacks/underground-day-pack

Got it in orange on closeout from Altrec for around $60. The bag is gorgeous, comfortable, durable -- timbuk2 uses TOUGH fabrics, no cheap nylon here, and rubberized coating on the bottom -- has a lot of room for sundries and nice side pockets for cables and so forth. Has a lot of little features such as a cell phone pocket and mp3 pocket, and they're all very non obtrusive -- if you don't use them, they don't decrease your storage space. Laptop compartment is an elastic and neoprene combo that keeps the laptop from shifting sideways. I took this and only this on a three day trip to NYC, had room to spare.

5. steamed.hams thread starter macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

6. steamed.hams thread starter macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

I think I'll order the gunmetal Crumpler Seed today...