Better Off Waiting To Buy MBP W/ Skylake?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pardy86, Aug 11, 2015.

  1. Pardy86 macrumors newbie

    Aug 11, 2015
    Hey Everyone,

    Im a win 7/10 lover, really. I've always been against Apple etc. Recently tried the 2015 MBP, liked it. My colleagues have one and they swear by it. I recently bought a MBP (then returned it) as I feared a newer MBP wouldbe coming out soon with Skylake and a possible redesign like the MB. Was this a good call to wait or should I buy now?

    Cheers and appreciate the help and comments!

    ps Take it easy on the Win guy!
  2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

    Oct 24, 2013
    No one knows, many here think october, I think they are allowing wishful thinking to get in the way of the facts, the last upgrade was less than three months ago the next will most likely be early next year. If you need one now buy one now if you can wait wait.
  3. Pardy86 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Aug 11, 2015
    Waiting, which is what I'll do,I forgot to mention I dropped my current laptop,its working but we'll see for how long!:confused:
  4. SnackTime macrumors newbie

    Jun 21, 2013
    If you bought it and then returned it I think it would be a safe assumption to say you don't really need it. Of course, there is nothing wrong with wanting something you don't need, but what are you deriving value from?

    Skylake MBPs will come out, eventually, but there will still be updates to wait for. So if you're deriving the most economic satisfaction from having the latest/greatest then wait for the next update so your purchase pleasure will last the longest. If you needed a MBP for work then you could always buy a current one and sell it when skylake update comes out. Of course, you'll end up having to eat whatever your loss on the MBP was.
  5. class77 macrumors 6502a


    Nov 16, 2010
    I'm waiting to get the 15" rMBP for my nephew for university. Can anybody please tell me how quickly the education discount is available for new models? I've never bought on an education discount before, so I'm not up on the rules. TIA
  6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

    Oct 24, 2013
    The education discounts apply to the model currently in stock so when they are released.
  7. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    If he's starting school this fall, I'd not wait any longer. I don't think we'll see any 15" MBP rolling out before classes start for the colleges (at least here in the US).

Share This Page