Better print quality

Discussion in 'macOS' started by orla, Feb 24, 2011.

1. orla macrumors newbie

Hi I have a X10.6 Snow leopard and the print quality on my new HP Cm1312 is terrible - Do you know how to improve the print quality. Whats on the screen isn't being printed:(

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

We need more information. What are you trying to print? What is it printing/not printing? How is the quality terrible?

3. orla thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi
    I am printing off photos and a brochure with photos from ipages. The photos on the brochure are from istock so the quality of photo is good, but when printed the shot is grainy and lacking bright colour - I think the worst is the grainy effect. The colour background of the brochure is lime green and the print is dirty green - The printer is brand new. When i print on my cheap PC is quality is excellent.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Please be specific and exact. To the best of my knowledge, there is no such application as ipages. This raises questions about istock. For what it is worth, the most important thing about a photograph is its format and pixel-density. The source of the photograph falls under "good to know."

It might be useful if you would print your brochure to PDF and post it forum. This will do nothing to diagnose problems with your printer. However, we will then have an idea of what you are dealing with.

5. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

iStock is istockphotos.com, a place to buy royalty-free artwork and phhotos, ipages is obviously Pages from iWork, with an "i" added in front (as the usual joke goes...) - judging by other posts, I'm guessing that orla is a recent switcher. We need to be specific and exact, but we can also try to make an effort to "translate" the words of the less exact amongst us.

That said, this is the second time he/she has used the phrase "my cheap PC" to complain about an expensive Mac not living up to perfect standards - and that's getting old...