better reception without bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rook02, Aug 1, 2010.

1. rook02 macrumors newbie

Has anyone else noticed that they receive more bars and better reception without the bumper as long as you don't "death grip" it or touch the black strip on the bottom left hand corner?

2. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

3. Ferrd macrumors regular

Ferrd

I feel the reception is better without the bumper. I had Best Buy install their free Zagg antenna fix, and now my phone is working awesome, and looks awesome too!

4. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

5. rook02 thread starter macrumors newbie

can anyone get the bestbuy zagg side skin for free?

6. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I would not even want it for free. First of all I would not want stickers all over my phone. Secondly it's not going to protect the phone at all if you drop it. I would go with some sort of bumper or case. There are some clear cases out there that look decent if you're wanting the back and steel band to be visible.

7. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have read of a few people that were able to get the free skin, but I was told no at my local BB store.

8. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

I got the free Zagg skin at my local BB last week. The sales person asked if I bought my phone from them and I told her yes. Even though I got my phone from AT&T. They didn't do any checking so I got the skin.

In my opinion it looks pretty crappy on the phone but I have a bumper on as well. The best thing about the Zagg skin is that it'll protect the steel from getting scratched from debris that gets under the bumper, and it has made my bumper fit tighter so it does not wiggle around at all anymore.

9. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

My 3G reception is great even without the case, as long as I don't cover the gap at the bottom of the phone. However, even though the bars drop when I touch it, my calls don't drop, so it's not a big deal.

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I lose two bars every time I put my bumper on. :( :mad:

11. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

^ That's odd. :(

I haven't received a case from Apple yet... but I bought one off eBay for $5. The $5 case resolved all my problems and I haven't had a dropped call since I've been using it. And I do use the death grip with the case on as well.