iPad Better Reviews Coming Soon

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jimbo1mcm, Oct 25, 2013.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Don't the tech gurus get copies of the new Ipads and use them for about a week, then post their reviews? I think they start dropping around the Wednesday before the Friday launch.

2. The.Dude macrumors regular

The.Dude

I think you might be right. I looked on Amazon to see if there were any cases available yet so that I could go back to my clear TPU back/smartcover combo, but there was nothing. I wrote Luvvitt and they said that the new Dolce was going to be announced next week. I'm willing to bet that reviewers and peripheral companies are going to be getting them very early next week.

edit- the old Luvvitt Dolce for reference, the Air version should be similar.

http://amzn.to/1cgUAtf

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

iPhone 5s reviews came out the Tuesday before launch

iPhone 5 reviews came out Tuesday before launch

Last years iPad reviews cane out Tuesday before launch.

I would predict this years iPad Air will get the same embargo lift date.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Reviews come out on Wednesday 12:00am Eastern time, 9:00pm Tuesday night Western time.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

While appreciative with theirs, I do my own reviews! :D

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I don't know about you guys, but I don't make any major purchase decision unless I know what the opinion of complete strangers is.... :rolleyes:

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't base my purchases on a complete stranger's opinion, but if several complete strangers all say something is bad than it can't be a coincidence and will make me do a little more research on what I am about to purchase.

8. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

sold my ipad gen 3 Monday. Last night I ordered a case from amazon. I have amazon prime. States it should ship out October 30 will be here on the November 1. Cost $12.99. I plan to use this as I wait for more better cases to come out. Today I also ordered 3 screen protectors. I'm getting the iPad Air.

9. Macalway macrumors 68030

You mean, all the 'glowing' shill reviews are coming :D

10. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Targus has known the iPad Air dimensions for some time now, their versavu case is for pre order on their website but Amazon already has had them in stock since Tuesday

11. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

It's not just opinion ffs - certain facts and figures will also come to light, such as how much memory the iPad Air has. Things like this may well be very important to prospective purchasers.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

For the techie OCD Macrumors crowd, maybe. Most other carbon based life forms don't really care about the innards of the iPad or how much RAM it has. They care about how big it is, how much it weighs, and how much it costs. This whole 512MB vs 1GB vs 2GB RAM thing is just here, in the techie backwoods. The rest of the planet just goes "yaaaaaaawn. Does it come in Gold?". ;)

13. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I totally understand what you're saying, but perhaps people should educate themselves. It's why I had to explain to my younger sister's boyfriend who "bought" a new 3GS last summer why he can't get iOS 7.

Ram matters! My old iPad 2 running iOS 7 can vouch. It's not the best and can make typing...unpleasant. ��

I am eagerly awaiting the teardown.

14. bobright macrumors 601

Yup can't wait to see what color paint they used for the internals and how big and where the batteries placed and how the home button was assembled.

15. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I can't wait to see if there is 2GB of ram and if my theory in my other thread is proven true that the A7 in these iPads are really A7X in disguise. Given the math for speed increases that Apple used, it seems likely. I think X is something Apple used for a while for marketing to assure people the iPad could handle retina graphics. They used to number both lines A4 and A5 for iPad/iPhone 4 and iPad 2/iPhone 4S, even though the iPad models were faster. I see what you did there, but I assure you that these are not trivial internal matters. And it will affect sales to a certain extent. Someone like my mom is only going to buy an iPad every 4-5 years. If I know that the Air has 2GB of ram and the Mini Retina only has 1GB, then I will recommend to her the Air as she will get more usable life out of the system. I know that many people in my family look to me as the tech guy, so I often get asked what to purchase. I imagine that my situation is not unique and there are many people like me who are influencers within their family and friend units. We make a small impact on the decision making process.

Nobody in my family used Apple products before I got into it and started spreading the word. Sure, some of them might have found it outside of my recommendation, but I guarantee there wouldn't be so many piles of Macs, iPods, iPhones and iPads around their houses if it weren't for me. Hell finally froze over when my uncle, a hardcore windows user, finally purchased his first Mac—a Retina MacBook Pro—after playing with mine last autumn. The world truly turned on it's head when he bought that—something I never would have ever imagined. He was like Paul Thurrott before. Now he's texting me all giddy about upgrading to Mavericks for free and how smoothly it runs. It really was like giving a glass of ice water to someone in hell.

16. Ladybug macrumors 68000

Ladybug

I agree. Ram might not matter to some, but for me personally it matters a lot. I don't want to exchange my 1gb iPad for another one with 1gb. But, that's just me. I can't wait for the tear down.

17. bobright macrumors 601

No word on any teardowns yet?

18. MLAM macrumors regular

I doubt we'll see any until next week

19. Ladybug macrumors 68000

Ladybug

Not yet I'm afraid. Hopefully next week.