Better Screen Protector for 6 Plus Otterbox Defender?

maverick22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
So I just got the 6 plus for my wife yesterday, and she likes the case protection the Defender offers. However, the screen protector that it comes with does not stay flat on the phone's screen. It is slightly raised. This causes you to not even be able to swipe normal (have to press hard) and causes errors while texting (have to press hard also).

Will any screen protector work while using the Defender? What's a good one?

This is #1 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Screen...p/B00QN1TCDQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Not sure if that's enough protection or not.

Thanks in advance!

macher

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2012
I just literally picked up a Defender for my 6 and mine lays flat on my iPhone screen. Very easy to type and swipe. Maybe get a replacement.

maverick22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I just literally picked up a Defender for my 6 and mine lays flat on my iPhone screen. Very easy to type and swipe. Maybe get a replacement.
Where did you get yours? I got mine yesterday at Best Buy. The rep put it on the phone, and then my wife took everything apart and did it again herself. Same result--not laying completely flat. She got a 6 plus though. Maybe that is the difference.

macher

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2012
Where did you get yours? I got mine yesterday at Best Buy. The rep put it on the phone, and then my wife took everything apart and did it again herself. Same result--not laying completely flat. She got a 6 plus though. Maybe that is the difference.
Got mine at AT&T corporate store with my 50% discount.

Rayy42

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
Or consider popping the plastic out and going for a glass screen protector? I've had excellent success with the Zagg products and they pair up nicely with an Otterbox defender.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.