Better sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Koobs, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Koobs, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

Koobs macrumors regular

Koobs

Stereo speakers plus being louder than previous iPhones is the main reason I will be buying it. It'll be nice not having to lug around a bluetooth speaker everywhere.

2. yegon macrumors 68020

It will be handy for those times I listen to podcasts around the house doing boring stuff and my iPad isn't to hand. Use my iPad Pro for that mostly, pretty much the main reason I upgraded from an Air 2, and I wasn't disappointed.

3. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I love it!! There are times I am sitting outside at the table, maybe just walking around without headphones around the house, or sitting on the couch watching videos and I love that this will be available. Some may scuff. Oh well. I was certainly happy about this!!

4. iClone macrumors regular

5. urkel macrumors 68030

Louder speakers is also a big deal for moms who walk around in public using speakerphone for their private conversations.

Seriously though. A front facing speaker is a big deal. I started using my iPad Pro a lot more at home because I can finally hear the sound of the YouTube shows. So it would be nice to have a similar sound improvement on the phone. (Hopefully the watch gets a boost too because that speaker is unusable)

6. menist macrumors regular

menist

Can't wait for ppl to get theirs hands on and test the speaker quality.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Is twice as loud 6dB higher or is it 10dB higher?

8. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

When I went from the iPad Air 2 to the iPad Pro (smaller one), the addition of the speakers on the opposite end of the iPad made a world of difference when watching videos. Before that, I was using a strategically placed sticky note to direct the sound forward.

9. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR