Better Speakers for College

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sifinity, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

what would be better for college , I'm getting a $100 apple gift card with my mac and was wondering whats better to spend on , the UE Boom vs Harmon Kardon Sound Sticks?

2. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

Here's my $0.02 as someone that just invested in a nice new speaker: UE Boom vs Sound Sticks is like comparing apples and oranges.

The UE Boom is a small portable speaker that is rechargable.

The sound sticks are a larger unit with a separate sub and speakers that is powered.

My guess is the sound sticks have better sound and are much louder with better bass. I can't back up that statement, but it's an educated guess. But the UE Boom is portable. They are similar in price. You need to decide what you are looking for in a speaker before anyone can really give you some input on what to get.

If possible, you should try to play music through both the speakers before you buy either one. Guaranteed the same song will sound slightly different in each one and you will like one better than the other.

3. Sifinity thread starter macrumors 6502

Sifinity

I know that they both sound good the main the question is not which one sounds better it's which one will better for university/college

4. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

That's exactly my point. I'm sure they will both be fine for college. If you plan on having people over to your place and chilling and doing stuff there, maybe the sound sticks are better. If you are planning on going playing with your speakers (not sure why you would be doing this is), maybe the boom is. Depends on what you want. :)

For college, my vote would be the sound sticks. A nice stationary system. But that's me. Other people may say otherwise.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Get killer headphones so you can rock without disturbing others...and vice versa.;)

7. Justin Horne macrumors newbie

This. My headphones serve me WAY more in college than my speakers do. Get some AT M50s and call it a day.

8. terryblyth macrumors regular

For me it'd be the Boom if I was moving around a lot, or the Sticks if I was stationary in halls.