better tactile keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NovemberWhiskey, Apr 23, 2011.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I am looking for a keyboard to supplement my MBP's keyboard. I personally find the stock keyboard on the MBP very hard to type fast and efficiently on, and believe it just has to do with the underlying mechanics and feedback that it provides. Yes, I know about the proper hand positioning and such, but would just prefer a keyboard with better tactile feedback.

Does anyone have an external that they have that they like? I would like something that I can type fast on, is relatively portable (will be using for law school exams), and is reliable. Also would like the buttons to be compatible with apple (no windows logos, etc.) unless I can remap them or they work with a bit of memorization.

I just bought a wireless bluetooth Apple keyboard + magic trackpad. Still finding the wireless keyboard a bit slow to type on (the internals seem to be similar to the one on m MBP).

I used to have an old Dell and I could type VERY fast and efficiently on that thing even though it seemed very cheap.

2. Blipp macrumors 6502

I'd really just recommend getting used to the MBP keyboard. I hated the new keyboard design for the first few months as well when they introduced it a few years back but after a while of working with it your finger memory will adjust to accomodate it. I mean really, who wants to carry around a keyboard with their laptop? If I absolutely had to do it I'd be buying an Apple BT keyboard anyways which is the exact same keyboard buttons that are on the MBPs really. As for buying a PC keyboard they will work just fine once you've configured the button layout for option/command.