Better to Order Online w/Apple or AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kcmo, Apr 21, 2011.

1. kcmo macrumors member

Well no surprise here....I've called 2 Apple stores and a couple of AT&T stores and no one has the 3G in stock.

Soooo, I'm wondering if it's better to order online via Apple or AT&T? Which one would ship faster? Anyone have any tips?

TIA

2. donnaw macrumors 65816

Att

Don't know about Apple but I ordered from ATT. Their online ordering was a bit confusing. It requires you to 'add a line' in order to complete the process. Had to do a chat with a service rep to figure it out but after that it went smooth. The best thing was it came already set up with my account. I didn't even have to call ATT to get it done. Just charged it and connected. I really liked that part.

3. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

what are you on?

You're lucky your AT&T order wasn't delayed for weeks on end without explanation like hundreds of others who started threads complaining about this.

ALWAYS ORDER FROM THE MANUFACTURER, especially in a fixed price scenario. You can't change the price, and unless you go with an online reseller (B&H, etc) you can't avoid tax.

Do you not realize ordering from AT&T means AT&T has to order from Apple, wait for it, then send it to you?

Also account setup on an iPad takes less than 3 minutes and requires no phone calls out of the box from Apple or anyone else.

Buy from Apple. get it faster, have better service, and screw the middle man.

4. kcmo thread starter macrumors member

5. donnaw macrumors 65816

Well, actuallly I would normally agree with you but when I checked the shipping dates from ATT were shorter so I went with them. Even though they estimated 3-4 weeks ( Apple was estimating 4-5 at that time). I got it in just over 2 weeks and it has no light bleed, etc. Was already set up and ready to go....

All in all it was a very good experience. And I had mine while people who ordered from Apple were still waiting.