Better Touch Tool suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mike Litoris, May 17, 2010.

1. Mike Litoris macrumors newbie

I used better touch tool for a while now on my new MBP and didn't have any problems so far. Until today as BTT suddenly doesn't recognize my gestures anymore. They don't work if I'm trying to use them and BTT doesn't even recognize them when I click "show live view".

klick

Here's an image of me doing a three finger swipe down and BTT not recognizing it. On the other hand BTT does recognize for example a four finger swipe down, which is not a gesture I defined in BTT but a standard os x gesture.

I of course tried restarting BTT and restarting the whole computer. Still it doesn't work.

Any ideas how to fix this?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Did you uninstall and reinstall? I would do that. I would also TIMG your image.

3. Mike Litoris thread starter macrumors newbie

Just did that, still not working :(

4. jchook macrumors newbie

Having the same problem.

When I click "Show Live View" in the preferences window. I can see that the input + monitoring is working properly, however gesture detection is not working.

It detects:
    * two finger swipe left
    * two finger swipe right

but does not detect:
    * 3 finger click
    * 3 finger tap
    * 2 finger swipe up
    * 2 finger swipe down
    * etc

Just stopped working randomly.

5. cricketbird macrumors member

+1 me too

3 finger swipes stopped working after I reinstalled Snow Leopard on my MBP. Same thing - the live window showed my fingers moving, but didn't recognize it as the gesture.

BUT!!
    I fixed it by turning OFF 4-finger gestures in the System Preferences and then just setting up Better Touch Tool to do the same ones.