Better Touch Tool

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 3bs, Aug 13, 2011.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Just installed this and I'm loving it! I was just wondering if it will decrease battery life or not? Which apps do you use it in and what are the gestures you use?

2. Modernape macrumors regular

The latest update (which presumably you have) included a reduction in CPU usage, so it won't impact battery life at all.

My favourite is 4 finger horizontal swipes to switch between Spaces (I'm still using SL), and four finger taps to make FF, itunes, VLC, Quicktime, iphoto etc go fullscreen. But I use it for almost every App I use - Thunderbird for instance, I use three finger hoz swipes to reply (left) and send (right), or pinch out for new mail.

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I think the best idea was to use 3 finger up to close a window (CMD+W) and down to open a new one (CMD+T in browsers, CMD+N everywhere else)
    Really convenient.
    3Finger middle click is a must of course
    Four finger left right I set to switch to other spaces.

The only other thing I did is to set two finger tiptap to go back and forth in a browser. I am just used to it from Opera where this worked this way with two mouse buttons. You hold the left and click the right to go forward or fast forward where it seeks the next page on its own.
    Expecially back a couple pages it is just much faster to tiptap a few times than it is to swipe 5+ times.