Better VNC alternative? Mac to Win

Discussion in 'macOS' started by djrod, Jun 20, 2011.

1. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

Hi, I hace a fabulous app on my iPad called Splashtop, is a VNC kind app that works really really great, almost no lag whatsoever, but the lack of mouse support makes it almost useless for any serious work, so I need something that works as fast as this app but in a Windows box, I've tried VNC but is painfully slow.

Is there anything out there that I can use?

Here is a video of the speed of the app I was referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jgh4qjWIus

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Sorry but are you looking for something that plays your PC videos via iPad streaming?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use.... and it's free.

4. djrod thread starter macrumors 65816

djrod

Nope, something more like running xcode remotely

5. djrod thread starter macrumors 65816

djrod

Thanks, I'll give it a try

6. djrod thread starter macrumors 65816

djrod

Teamviewer is still slow, I think I'm gonna prey the developers of splashtop to make a desktop client :rolleyes:

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use it daily between Macs and PCs with no performance problems. However, I haven't tried it with an iPad. My guess is bandwidth might be a cause for slow performance. There are settings you can use to maximize performance, but again, I don't know if they're the same on an iPad.

8. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

I use TeamViewer on my iPod Touch to control a PC daily; aside from occasional wireless bandwidth issues, I find it works great. It takes a little while to get used to your finger making the remote screen move instead of the mouse pointer.

Now if I could use a desktop Teamviewer to control or display my iPod that would be awesome.