Better way of protecting my Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HawtTuna, Oct 30, 2010.

1. HawtTuna macrumors member

I've had my 2010 Macbook since it launched and this thing just attracts grime and scratches. I literally left my Macbook on my desk for a day and all of a sudden it has two jagged scratches near the apple just by sitting on desk!

Now after that happened, I bought a Caselogic sleeve to protect it when not in use but now I have a green stain near the power indicator on the side of the palm rest. I tried cleaning it off with soap and water, it didn't work.

Then I googled it and I heard toothpaste might take out stains, so I tried that and it came off now but then it returned a couple of days later when I wasn't using the sleeve, so I figured it's not the problem. Cleaned it again with toothpaste and now there's a just a faint green stain I just can't get rid of.

Is there a better way of protecting my Macbook?

2. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Yes. Wash your hands more often.

3. happle macrumors 6502a

i mean they do scratch a little easy and the bottom attracts dirt but what the hell are you doing to the thing lol?

oh and the combo of a incase hard case, keyboard cover, and moshi palm guard should give more than enough protection. thats what i use

4. HawtTuna thread starter macrumors member

I don't know! I wash my hands all the time and I wipe down my Macbook once a week with a microfiber cloth with little bit of water. That green stain just gets on my nerves. <_<

5. happle macrumors 6502a

6. HawtTuna thread starter macrumors member

Ugh... That's a lot money.. I spent like 70 bucks on my 4 gigs of ram.
    Is that clear case or do they make a white one?

Also the palm guard, it doesn't seem to guard the area near the power indicator which is he place where the stain is or does the case protect it as well? I can't tell.

7. happle macrumors 6502a

its a smoked clear case

8. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Scratches are inevitable, but I can understand why they can get annoying. Hard see-through cases are a good idea, although you have to make sure the computer's clean first before you put the case on, or it'll scratch it even more.

9. happle macrumors 6502a

not really. the only expensive thing was the case for 50 bucks. im sure u could find a cheaper one though if u dont want to get the same as mine. but i just liked how mine looked/felt the best. also you can get keyboard covers on ebay for .99 cents and .99 cent shipping, and you can get the moshi palm gaurd for 10 bucks. so really not expensive at all.

10. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I seriously doubt this. Take better care of it or just accept the fact that any well-used tool will show signs of wear.

Some of you macheads crack me up because you worry about the most trivial things. :)

11. HawtTuna thread starter macrumors member

Stop being so condescending. I don't ever take my Macbook anywhere with me and when two jagged scratches appear on a barely 3 month old Macbook for apparent reason at all, it should be cause for alarm.

Small scratches visible only in direct light not such a big deal but deeper scratches bug me.