Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mortey

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2005
so cal
DJMastaWes said:
What does that mean?

EDIT: Hopefully someone reads this..

Okay, I have some more questions.. Yes I'm a n00b, sorry, but I just wanna make sure of this stuff.

Will my mac have wireless when I get it? I have a linksys wireless system, it doesnt work on my iMac, but I don't have an air port card in it, but will it work on the MBP??

Also, when I order my mac, I wanna order 2 wireless mice, one for the MBP, and one for the iMac. How do i get them to work on the iMac? and will they interfear with eachother?

I guess I forgot some essential punctuation.

As the poster above me stated, your mac will come with wireless built in.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Okay, so I can buy it and it should work fine with the MBP, will the internet work too?

And how do I go about getting the mouse to work on the iMac (seeing as I wanna get two.)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
DJMastaWes said:
Okay, so I can buy it and it should work fine with the MBP, will the internet work too?

And how do I go about getting the mouse to work on the iMac (seeing as I wanna get two.)
Yes, you can reach the Internet fine with the MBP via your Linksys router.

And you'd just pair the Bluetooth mice, one per computer, so they'd work fine. Buy two. Have fun.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
1) All the MBPs come with wifi cards. It will work fine with your WiFi router.

2) Your iMac doesn't have bluetooth, therefore, a wireless mouse won't work unless you purchase a USB bluetooth dongle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.