BetterTouchTool and flash videos

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kurtisboyd, May 29, 2012.

1. kurtisboyd macrumors newbie

Not sure if this is the right section to post in (mods: move this if you need to), but:

I've been using BetterTouchTool for easier navigation in Safari. I currently use the gesture where you put two fingers on the trackpad and tap with another finger to the side to change tabs. Whenever I use this gesture and I'm loading a flash video in the active tab and switch to the next tab, the video will skip a few minutes ahead or back (depending on which way I switch tabs). This is extremely frustrating when trying to buffer videos as the buffering will start all over again if the whole thing hasn't loaded and I lose my place in the video.

Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix this?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have not seen this before but know exactly what you're referring to, as I've seen it happen with non-Flash video too. Try moving the mouse pointer away from the video controls before attempting gestures - you're less likely to get the video player confused that way.

3. laetusviator macrumors member

laetusviator

Have you tried switching it to another gesture? I mean, if you change the tab-switching gesture in BetterTouchTool to something else, do the flash videos still behave the same way?

Does it matter if you perform the gesture over the video player or not, as wrldwzrd89 said?

Also, how are you causing the tabs to switch? Triggering ctrl-tab shortcut with the gesture?

Sorry for barrage of questions, just curious to help troubleshoot. :) I just set up a gesture like you described but I haven't been able to make a video skip. (Not that I'm complaining!)