BetterTouchTool and Spaces

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Geebz, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Geebz macrumors newbie

Id like to know where I can get better touch tool. The official website is preferable.

Also can someone give me tips on how I can use spaces to improve my work ad play experience? Ive currently got a 2010 MBP. Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Geebz thread starter macrumors newbie

Simsalad: You say not to use a search engine, yet both your links are to a google and bing search respectively. If this was a sarcastic attempt at hinting that I could use a search engine well the reason I asked is because my search yielded up links to some shady looking site called boastr.net. I came here hoping for a direct link to the official site so that I could download the program safely. So I assume boastr is the legit site?

As for spaces I know HOW to use it, I merely wanted some advice on the ways in which it could be used. At the moment it sounds like a cool little tool but I see no reason as to why I would want to use it since I generally prefer having my apps open in the same space. I was hoping posters would give me examples of how they used spaces to inspire me so that I would be able to utilise this tool to further improve my mac user experience. At the moment I can only see it being of use when I and another person share a computer so that our respective spaces arent cluttered with each others windows. For example I could have my safari windows open in one space and they could have their safari windows open in a different space. Any one have any other ideas?

4. simsaladimbamba

As you didn't mention you using a search engine before and finding the offical site (http://blog.boastr.net/), I didn't even think of withdrawing my sarcasm.
    Btw, what does look so shady about http://blog.boastr.net/ ? It's a free application of a student, who does program to applications in his free time.

That's where user accounts come in handy, no need for Spaces to have different users interact with the same machine.

If you don't need the need for Spaces, then you don't need to use it.

I have 12 Spaces, one row with browsers and mail and system tools, another row with DCC applications (LR, PS, AE, MC, FCP, DVDSP, Combustion, ...) and the last row is reserved for entertainment (iTunes, Movist and VLC) and iWork.

Do you use Spaces?