BetterTouchTool (Touchpad & Magic Mouse customization)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fuzzi, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Fuzzi macrumors member

The last few days I spent on creating a Tool called BetterTouchTool.
    With BetterTouchTool it is possible to make the gestures on MacBooks do everything you want. You can set key commands that should be executed if you do the selected gesture.
    BetterTouchTool is based on MultiClutch but it works totally different. So it works on Snow Leopard and does not need installation.

Additionally it introduces a new gesture called three finger tap. The standard behavior for this gesture is doing a middle click, but you can customize it the way you want. This works on Magic Mouse and Macbook Touchpad.

Features:
    • Three Finger Tap
    • Customize Gestures global and app specific
    • does not need installation, just start the app and it should work
    • set higher mouse speed than possible with apple prefs
    • Magic Mouse atm supports: swipe left, swipe right, three finger tap. More gestures will be available soon

[​IMG]

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

I'm bumping this thread.

Three finger click available now too, as well as two finger swipes. :)

3. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

+1

This looks very interesting. Its the expansion to MultiClutch we (well I) have been waiting for. Will def keep an eye on this.

Quick Question: Will this share config files with MultiClutch for those of us who would upgrade to BetterTouchTool?

4. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Could you provide a download link? Or at least a link to your developper website (assuming you have one)?

It looks awesome!

5. gusterfan macrumors newbie

6. felt. macrumors 6502a

amazing, thanks so much for this...the new options in the latest update are fantastic...especially the maximize (although it would be nice if repeating the command returns window to its previous size, like rightzoom does) and the move window right/left (found these very handy and windows7 and was missing it in osx) 3finger tap as cmd-click seems odd, as in must click many times to get it to work (for example in firefox a real cmd click opens link in new tab, requires one click, with 3 finger tap as cmd click i must do it 3 times for the link to open in new tab, why?) other than that great work..this is much better than multiclutch

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I love this tool as well! Thank you for making it! :D

The only problem I can see with it is three finger click stops working after a minute or two but other then that everything works excellent :D

8. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

I know this might be a silly question, but would this work with the Bamboo Touch if they released full multi-touch drivers for it? I currently have my MBP "docked" since I don't need to take it out with me anymore, so I don't use the trackpad that often. I was thinking of getting a Bamboo Touch once they got better OS X support and this would be a great fit for it.