Bettery Life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rusty., Oct 13, 2007.

1. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

Am I the only one who is dissappointed in the battery life?

2. mistashizzle macrumors member

try turning the brightness down. its not much but its something

3. rusty. thread starter macrumors member

rusty.

I used to do that with my video and I've done it on this one too its amazing how much is helps

4. mistashizzle macrumors member

its true. i do it on this and my macbook pro. its a big help

5. e.magnusson macrumors member

Well, you could try not touching it so much, as in like just turn on the music and then not use the touch screen etc. I don't know how much this would help though.

6. Zeromus macrumors member

Zeromus

I am a little. It was about 85-90% charged when I took it off the charger tonight, and I played with it doing everything (full brightness, wifi, safari, youtube, taptap, lights out, installing/uninstalling lots of installer.app stuff - all while playing music) and it lasted 3 hours. Normally I won't use it that hard, but still, I was hoping for double that. They do rate watching movies at 5 hours for video, presumed playing with it would be about that too.

Meh, 'spose I'll learn to turn the brightness down. I'll have to do more completely unscientific tests ;)

7. Bumcang macrumors newbie

battery life is great man, but because you are using all those newly installed apps you think it's short.

turn brightness down, turn OFF wifi except if you use it.

also it might help getting some better headphones, after i bought better headphones i didn't need the volume to be turned all the way up :rolleyes:

8. CopyChief macrumors member

Only one?

Are you the only one disappointed by the battery life? Probably not.

But I'm not with you. Yes, wi-fi seems to suck the life out of the battery pretty quickly. But listening to music, it seems stellar. Better than my first gen nano, to be sure.

I'm guessing my time between charges will get better as time goes on. Not because of any change in the battery, but because I'll be able to walk past my iPod without picking it up to surf the net with it!

9. Gerard. macrumors member