Between 2 cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Oct 25, 2011.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

i'm trying to decide between cases. they are both made by elago and are exactly the same. only thing is one is hard plastic and the other is a matte (soft feeling)

in your opinion which is better?

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

3. kicko macrumors 65816

the only matte finish i would buy is black, it gets dirty easy.

So get matte if a dark color - gloss finish if its a light color

4. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

matte comes in black only
    gloss comes in both

i have a white 4s but having a black case doesn't bother me

5. jcorbin, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

i think i'm going to go with a white gloss case. i thought about it and i want a white case

lol sike i'm getting the matte black. contrast might look cool and matte is what the back of my incredible 2 was. i like that feel

6. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

so i'm not sure if i mentioned this before but my wife has the black gloss one for her 4. i put it on to see how it would look with the black case.

i took it off and put it on a few times. you think doing that would hurt the phone at all. its a pretty snug fit.

if you think i'm being dumb and paranoid i'm sure i am. its just i paid a lot for this phone and i want to keep it nice for as long as i can. so i'm sorry if i seem annoying. and i express my gratitude in advance for anyone who answers without flaming me

7. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I just got the Elago S4 slim case or whatever it's called in matte grey off Amazon for $10. It's pretty nice. They have most of the colors with the matte feel. I just wouldn't get the white one because it gets dirty. The grey looks good on the white iPhone.

8. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats what i ended up going with. i think the contrast will look cool. and yeah i don't want it getting dirty. or at least showing the dirt.

my wife has the same case but with the gloss finish and hers is all scratched and marred. i'm glad i went with the matte.

thanks for the input.

9. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

after having the case for a few days, I'm definitely happy i chose black matte. One of my coworkers got the exact same case in grey.