Between MBP 2.2 4gb ram and 2.4 2gb ram

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tumtui, Jan 18, 2008.

1. tumtui macrumors newbie

tumtui

Help me out here!!

I'm considering between MBP 2.2 4gb ram and 2.4 2gb ram ( I'm planning to use it for rendering and make architecture 3d model) I don't know which one is better in limited budget

Thankyou:D

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Get the 2.2, and be sure to upgrade the ram yourself. You won't notice the 2.2 vs. 2.4 difference unless you're constantly using 99% of *both* cores when you get your computer.

3. Castaway macrumors newbie

Castaway

Buy 2.4 with minimum memory, then upgrade it yourself to 4 GB. Easier than turning the machine on.

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i woudl second thata s well, get the 2.4 and whenevr you get a chance upgrade to 4Gb ram later and if you can you shoudl do it yourself with aftermarket ram save a lot of money...

5. tumtui thread starter macrumors newbie

tumtui

Thank you to all of you guys. :D

My major considering is the ram of graphic card. I worry that if I bought 2.2 one there'd be any problem when i rendering in maya

6. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I don t really know exactly ow that would be teh maya rendering, but teh way i look at it, is, i can upgrade Ram if i want to, i can't just buy more cpu power, ram i can..

7. jdr70 macrumors newbie

I would...

go with the 2.4. As a graphic artist i always try to get the best processor and graphics up front. ram can always be added later when cash in your change jar.:D