Beware: band pin button doesn't match gold case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rmoliv, Nov 13, 2018.

1. rmoliv macrumors 6502a

Beware! I've just ordered a stone sport band for my gold aluminum watch and I noticed its pin button is in silver! If your watch case is in gold only the band that comes with your watch will have a matching gold pin button. The very same band sold separately only has it in silver, some in space gray. Apple should have made bands with pin buttons matching the three case finishes. This lack of uniformity and attention to detail seems quite un-Apple, I would say.

2. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Oh. My. God.

3. bniu macrumors 6502a

I agree this is very annoying for the non-silver/black watches. At least the black watch matches with a black band that only has a black pin.

Years ago, Apple also had a black band with a silver pin that went well with the silver watches, but the gold watches have always been left out of being able to buy a separate matching pin band.

What has really annoyed me as a space black watch owner was that I could not get an all black classic buckle or leather loop.

4. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68020

KarimLeVallois

Easily sorted! If you want a replacement band with matching pin, you just have to contact Apple and they'll sell you one through Apple Support. Simple.

5. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

They don't do this anymore do they??

6. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68020

KarimLeVallois

Of course they do. I contacted Apple Support only a few months ago to buy another sports band for my ceramic as a spare.

7. rmoliv thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe you just got lucky. They told me there are no bands with gold pins for sale.

8. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68020

KarimLeVallois

I didn't get lucky, they do this all the time. You just tell them that you want a replacement for the band that came with your watch, give them the serial number, say that it isn't sold on the site and they will search in their system for the product code.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/watch/repair/service

9. rmoliv thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thing is, I don’t want a replacement for the pink sand band that came with my watch. I just want to buy different bands to add to my collection and none of them has gold pin buttons.

10. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68020

KarimLeVallois

Yeah, welcome to the world of Apple then lol

11. seatton macrumors 6502a

seatton

I had many Apple watches in SS in the past and changed my bands so often. Now I have a Series 4 Gold SS and I just cannot look at the silver pin. I am now stuck with the stone band. I wish they offered more bands with the gold pin :(

12. Peter K., Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

I feel for you. I bought the first generation Apple Watch Sport in the rose gold color when it first came out. I discovered this very issue a few months thereafter, when I wanted to buy a new sport band of a different color.

It really puzzles me that Apple STILL doesn’t offer gold-pinned sport bands for individual sale, ESPECIALLY now that they sell the gold colored stainless model. This issue is one of the reasons I went with the silver stainless Series 3, which I wear now.

13. jschu22 macrumors regular

Since they have made very few bands with a black pin, with the grey/black watches being very popular, I’d just assume a gold pin is out of the question altogether.

14. Sword86 macrumors regular

Sorry, but I don’t even get what you’re referring to.
    What the hell is a pin button??
    S

15. JT2002TJ macrumors 65816

I think he/she is referring to the pin on the sport band that is only gold if you order the stone band with the GSS watch. If you order the stone band after, it is silver.

Same thing was true with the SBSS with the sport band, it came with a matching black pin, but if you ordered the same band after it was silver.

16. dojoman macrumors 65816

You guys pay too much attention to the detail in regards to matching colors and such, I guess I'm not that picky I'm ok with my cheap Amazon knock off sports band with silver pin.

17. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

Lucky you! We didn’t choose to be this way.

18. Texas26257 macrumors regular

Texas26257

Try bandwerk they have gold. I have a couple they are fantastic

19. Sword86 macrumors regular

I get it now. Thanks. S

20. jecksida macrumors newbie

Thank you for this information! I wanted to chime in and say, I followed your advice and it 100% worked. I actually have the Milanese loop with my gold stainless steel Apple Watch 4. I HATE this watch band. Verizon is offering me a free replacement and a credit to offset the difference between the watch bands. They didn’t have the sport loop in stock so they offered that if I buy the band myself, they will credit my account for the cost. I was getting really frustrated when I discovered that I couldn’t find a band that would match this stupid-expensive gold watch. I contacted Apple support to request the stone sport loop with a gold pin and it was the easiest thing in the world. It’s already in process and I should have it in a few days. Thanks for your help!!!

21. bluespark macrumors 68000

Is it possible we pay the right amount of attention to this?

22. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68020

KarimLeVallois

No problem, share the knowledge I always say. :)