Beware Freeverse games!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mnilan, Sep 12, 2011.

1. mnilan macrumors member

I purchased Burning Monkey Solitaire less than a year ago and recently upgraded to Lion whereupon the game would not load. Freeverse's response to my request for advice was that they no longer supported Burning Monkey (and other games). I will not be purchasing any other Freeverse software. Take the money and run...

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

They are not supporting a PPC game that came out 8 years ago????

Seriously, they did not force you to install Lion, blaming them for focusing on other things can't be viewed as illogical now can it?

3. doh123 macrumors 65816

yeah... I complained about that to a few companies many many years ago when I went from DOS to Windows 95 and lotsa my DOS games wouldn't run right. Those companies are no longer in business so it must have been me bad mouthing them that helped.

4. MasterTick macrumors 6502

You can't be serious, why would you expect any software company to support something that old? And it's a freakin Solitare game, go download another one...

5. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

1. Visit the Mac App Store.
    2. Type in the search keyword "Solitaire".
    3. Choose one of the 97 applications.

6. goMac macrumors 603

This is kind of Apple's issue instead of Freeverse. Apple removed a bunch of stuff in Lion.

Freeverse has a good reputation, and they even have a page up stating exactly this, and why some apps became unsupported.