Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
I wanted a new case for my X and went to the mall where I picked on out, paid for it and walked away. A few steps later I tried to use the large side button and the case did NOT push it. I immediately returned to the stand that sells them and he tried other cases that are listed for the X. None of them could access this side button EVEN though they were supposed to be X phone cases.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Probably safer to stick with some of the better known case brands such as Spigen, Speck or Otterbox where you can be relatively confident that the buttons will still work.

Last edited:
Reactions: blaine07

RichardMZhlubb

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
I think you’re actually safer buying a case online if it has a reasonable number of reviews. I’ve purchased dozens of cases from Amazon from companies I’ve never heard of, but had a fairly large number of reviews to give me a reasonable picture of how well they fit.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Probably safer to stick with some of the better known case brands such as Spigen, Speck or Otterbox where you
can be relatively confident that the buttons will still work.

The Spigen is the one I reordered online for about $12. It has a large cutout that allows full access to the "side button" as Apple calls it. It may not be ready for "battle action", but it protects what I'm want.
[doublepost=1514240026][/doublepost]
I think you’re actually safer buying a case online if it has a reasonable number of reviews. I’ve purchased dozens of cases from Amazon from companies I’ve never heard of, but had a fairly large number of reviews to give me a reasonable picture of how well they fit.

I agree with ordering online, but online may not answer the question of whether the case allows full use of the side button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.