beware infinidock and jailbroken 4.2 ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by newdeal, Nov 23, 2010.

1. newdeal macrumors 68020

I jailbroke my ipad with redsn0w on 4.2.1 and got it working fine. I installed infinidock and it rebooted the ipad but unfortunately it gets stuck at the apple logo. This means I had to boot into recovery mode and restore the ipad as I wouldn't get it to turn off so I could do a tethered boot. Just thought I would let you guys know it seems like infinidock is a no go until its untethered...either that or there is some other way to shut off the ipad that I am not aware of

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It is not only infinidock, just for the records, redsn0w is not a Public Jailbreak, this is intended for Developer to update theirs app, Most app are still not compatible, Activator, SBSettings, Backgorunder jsut to name a few that are common

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I installed infinidock and was able to do a tethered reboot just fine. There's no need to turn the iPad off to get it into DFU mode, just hold home and power together for ten seconds, ignoring whatever the device might do, if at the end of ten seconds the screen is blank, then let go of the power and continue holding home for about another ten seconds. If the screen is anything other than blank, start over.

However, even though infinidock is installed, it's not doing anything, LOL. Hopefully it'll get updated soon!