Beware of imitation Apple products

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
And a VGA port OR adapter that doesn't cost 30 thousand pounds sterling.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
Pay attention to the text. It doesn't make sense XD

One site somewhere ran a feature 'keeping it real fake'. I think it was Engadget. Their fake Sony Vaio review was very nice!

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Pay attention to the text. It doesn't make sense XD

One site somewhere ran a feature 'keeping it real fake'. I think it was Engadget. Their fake Sony Vaio review was very nice!
Yup, it was Engadget. Man people have too much free time reverse engineering the originals XD

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
I wonder if this web site is getting these computer chassis from the same chinese company that makes them for Apple? Externally they look almost identical to Apple's products.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I wonder if this web site is getting these computer chassis from the same chinese company that makes them for Apple? Externally they look almost identical to Apple's products.
Look so much like Apple's products because they were lifted off Apple's of site.

Probably not even real merchandise, and a scam site.

Looks like the photoshoped the Apple logos off the iMacs, note the Apple logo on the Mouse.

If they do send stuff, likely looks only vaguely similar at first glance.

magamo

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2009
I couldn't find any price list or technical details on the site. Do they really sell the knockoff macs?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
This showed up in the paper recently.

Men Try Selling Blocks Of Wood Wrapped In Duck Tap As Laptop Computers

Hinds County (Mississippi) officials said the men were trying to sell blocks of wood, covered in duct tape and bubble wrap, as laptops. They placed a Toshiba label on the duct tape, and another fake label had a price tag.

The men were also trying to pass off binders filled with paper as laptops.

“By the time you take it and get it home, you find you’ve purchased a block of wood, you may as well throw it in the fireplace. It’s no good,” said Lt. Jeffery Scott, public information officer with the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department.

The men were captured Thursday, after they tried to sell the counterfeit goods to an off-duty state trooper, who took down their license plate number.

“This type of thing wouldn’t happen if people weren’t trying to get something for nothing. But it’s very dangerous because it takes a lot of money out of the pocket of the consumer,” said Lt. Scott.

Officials say no one actually bought the knock-off laptops.
link

Dale

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
This showed up in the paper recently.

link

Dale
They should've at least showed some dignity. Buy 1:1 knock-offs from Asia or something I'm glad nobody bought one simple because that would show how stupid some people can be if they really fall for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.