Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tombeck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Hi

InsideMacGames (IMG) offers Trial Pro accounts for a week. After one week, your credit card will be charged $19.90 for a full-year membership, unless you cancel your account.

There is no way you can cancel the account. I've sent numerous emails to img@insidemacgames.com and using their contact form on the web, but they ignore my request. So I posted a message on their forum, and guess what, they deleted my post.

IMG is pissed because people sign up for a trial account, download something from their servers, and then immediately cancel the account. Well, that's how the system works. If they don't like it, then they should not offer free trial accounts.

If they charge my credit card after one week, I'll consider it fraud and will report it to my credit card company.

DON'T sign up for a trial account at IMG!

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
That sucks, send them a threat saying that you cannot cancel your free trail and that you what it cancelled. If not you will be seeking the proper authorities.

canadosurfer

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2005
I agree you should contact them again and warn them of what you may do. That way they will take you seriously.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
yea i had the hardest time getting my subscription cancelled with realone, you have to call these people then trade emails forever, but it finally gets done

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Another problem with InsideMacGames is they are not sending out the DVD's in the subscription. My son has had a subscription with them for years while it was CDs and fairly regularly he would get a CD in the mail with sample games. Great. But then they switched to DVD format and just dropped the old subscriber list not sending us anything. After many emails and phone calls they finally send us the first three DVDs way late. They promised to be good in the future about sending the DVDs. But no go. We are still missing DVDs and rather frustrated. They don't have their act together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.