Beware of scams guys!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rick snagwell, Jun 6, 2011.

1. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

Paying to get your UDID activated is real risky, once Apple catches on to these dev accounts, your screwed.

I suggest just getting a group of friends and paying the $99 together and adding your UDID that way, won't flag anything on Apples end.

I bet there are so many scams out there telling you to pay them for a UDID activation, and even if you get it, the above might happen.

and unless your jailbroken, you won't be able to downgrade to 4.*.* and be bricked.

ios5 isn't even operating at full functionality yet, its just beta1. believe me, i am on it.

2. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

3. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

And how

I don't think apple cares about this. People install this stuff at their own risk and apple makes money. Otherwise they'd make developers send in proof or definitely some sort of verification process.

4. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

true, but still beware of people saying they will get you activated for money.

i just downgraded back to 4.2.8

it was awesome to have ios5 installed, but can't use the icloud yet. worthless.

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

My main phone is an Android phone and I have an iPad to run my iOS apps. I had a 3GS laying around so I decided that it would make a good guinea pig for iOS 5. The restore is finished so I'm just waiting for my backup to be restored. I used iOS 3 while it was in beta and it was pretty stable from what I remember. I'm not looking for iOS 5 be totally stable I just want to play around with it.

6. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

what about

mainly i want it for the notifications and the keyboard in mail.

7. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, pretty sure I, and a lot of others, were scammed out of $10 by ios5beta.net. Thankfully the John Fields guy, or owner of the website, had us pay using Paypal, so we are safe and can complain for a refund.

8. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

How were you able to get your UDID registered? If you're a developer can you add my UDID because I was just scammed out of $10 by ios5beta.net. PM me for my UDID if you would be kind enough to do this. On the other hand, if you used a website can you point me in the website's direction. Thank you very much!

9. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

also, since lion isnt out yet, its not that good.

they are going to work together...so unless you have an ipad and iphone with ios5, icloud isnt working yet.

10. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

What does being JB have to do to downgrading to the CURRENT version of iOS? Apple is still signing 4.3.3 so "downgrading" isn't an issue...

11. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Someone here added me but he stopped taking pm's because of how many he got and the topic was moved to the wasteland pretty quick.

12. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

you are correct sir. good call.

13. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Oh ok. Thanks for your help though! :)

14. cfernandes macrumors regular

cfernandes

can anyone help me out here? I installed iOS 5 without knowing that you need to be on somebody's developer list and now my phone is a brick! :mad:

15. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

It's not bricked, short of hardware failure that isn't really possible. Download ios 4.3.3 for your device, force update and kick it out of recovery with your program of choice ie tinyumbrella/recboot.

16. lionqueen macrumors 6502

Ii went to the apple site to get a dev account, but it said to make apps you have to have a mac, and i only have a pc. Would i still be able to dl and install ios 5 beta?

17. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

You have to have a mac to develop not to download firmwares....