Beware of your first AT&T phone bill!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Oct 17, 2014.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I have 2 iPhones on the AT&T next plan. My plan is the 1GB mobile share plan. The bill was stated as $133 a month plus tax. Just looked at my first phone bill and it is $230. So let this be a warning as I had no idea there would be prorated charges!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Let's see here. You have 2 lines. so that's 50 bucks total for the line and a $25 for 1 GB data plan. That is odd tho. After you add the two installments plan, it should be right around $133. Provided that you got the 16 GB's?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Prorated charges are part of the game since cellphone companies existed.
    You never had a wireless phone before?

4. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I honestly forgot. Been using prepaid for years.

5. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

I'd be wanted a detailed breakdown of why the bill was a hundred bucks more than it should be. Does the bill add up and make sense? I don't understand the prorated charges, either. I wouldn't give AT$T the benefit of the doubt, they've been getting progressively sneakier with their fees lately.

6. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Yesterday I was checking my AT&T bill from a couple of months ago and noticed I was charged $45 for something I did not use. Called them, they said "oops sorry" and credited my account the $45. Make sure you go over the bill and make sure its all right.

7. ag29 macrumors 6502

Call them they might remove some of the charges on your bill.

8. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

Always expect prorated charges when signing up for new cellular service, but I would also keep an eye out for $40 activation fees. I know that whenever I got my gf an iPhone before we flew out to Vegas last summer, AT&T tried to charge us a activation fee even though I was bringing my own device and she was using AT&T Next. They claimed it was a system issue, but system issue or not, it still is something to keep an eye out for. From the sounds of it I wouldn't doubt you had around $20 in proration (which is average) and prob got charged the activation fees!

9. KillaMac Suspended

You always pay in advance for the service. So basically paying for 2 months on your first bill.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The first bill after you get new iPhones is always wonky. I've come to expect it. No biggy. :)

:apple:

11. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Thanks to those who helped in this thread. Turns out I did have over $80 in extra charges on my bill that I got removed.

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

It's kind of sad that this needs to be said.

People should ALWAYS go over EVERY bill they receive and ensure they're correct. Never trust the billing company to get it right.