Beware the Pink Modern Buckle

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tgwaste, Apr 11, 2015.

1. tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

Went to try on some apple watches tonight. My wife tried on the 38mm with Pink Modern Buckle.. Barely. I say barely because it was awfully dirty. The pink was all but gone. I realize (and the guy said) that it has been on a lot of wrists BUT its only been on a lot of wrists for about 48 hours. $250 for a band that looks like crap in a week? Yikes.

Incidentally, I tried on the SS 42mm with Black Classic Buckle. WOW. what a beautiful piece of tech that was. Cant wait till 4/24.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

Any light colored leather strap will get dirty with use. I'd recommend leather protector (testing it on the inside of the strap to make sure it doesn't darken it too much). Ideally the strap is used for dressier occasions. I'd get a Sport or Milanese Loop for everyday use.

3. Elzbeth macrumors regular

Thanks for posting, I saw it after only being on display for an hour...I fell in love with it but had to walk away only ordering the sport due to affordability. This make me feel better! :p

4. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i tried on the pink modern buckle... LOVED it! but i had no intentions of spending that kind of money on a first gen watch knowing i'll want the next one which will probably be next year!

i tried it on because my husband pointed it out to me saying how pretty it was!

i didn't notice it being dirty al all... but they were wiping down the watches after each try on just like they do in the jewelry store for their watches (surprised they didn't put on gloves like they do when they show you a rolex!)

5. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

6. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

This thread title sounds like a movie that might have been on Mystery Science Theater 3000. :D

Thanks for the warning. I did wonder if the light leather would look grungy. I've always stuck to brown and black leather for all but inexpensive costume jewelry watches.

7. tgwaste thread starter macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

Hah. I miss that show.

8. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

The colour should at least stay fresh for a year.

9. tgwaste thread starter macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

agreed. but I think ill take @KPOM's advice and just buy her a white band for general use. if she decides to keep the one I preordered that is.