Beware the shill!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Mar 11, 2012.

1. glen e, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

glen e macrumors 68030

Macrumors is ripe with people who post that declare" I'm buying this one - it's the greatest!" and then point to a amazon or link. Be careful, they are case employees/shills....Ask yourself:

How do so many small companies that you have not really heard of have an ipad3 case out so quickly?

They don't - Apple has released to few select suppliers the engineering dimensions to get an exact fit. They are the big boys, and the ones that have the majority share - Marware, Incipio, Incase, Targus - are my guesses.Remember the taper is diff on the new ipad so many not molded for the 3 will have spaces and not fit correctly. Either wait a few weeks until the companies can get their hands on one or stay with the big boys if you are OCD and have to have one now. If you want to wait, buy a skin from icarbons, bestskinsever, etc....it takes literally minutes to fabricate produce a skin vs a case...Remember there is hundreds of millions of $$ for the case mfrs that can bring anything to market while millions need a case now. Demand will never be higher than the next month.

If you are OCD and have to have something now and won't leave your room without something, go to walmart and get some shelf paper, dark automotive tint, etc and stick it on. It'll work until you can get a proper case...it'll also pack fine in a gallon ziplock to for in your bookbag.

Good luck and use some common sense.

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

If you see a post you suspect may be from a shill report it and the moderation team will look into it.

3. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

Thank you....

4. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

5. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Dude i posted that and I'm not a shill. I've been posting about various cases and even said, within that same thread, that I don't like what this seller is doing by jacking up the price and also questioning how the case can be ready. I did the same thing last year. Read before you start throwing around accusations.

That being said, I did find that review for the case on youtube and it met one of my biggest issues with a lot of cases....basially that the magnets are strong enough where they hold closed when turned upside down so I thought it was worth posting.

6. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

Relax "dude".........not calling you a shill.....I was posting you found a product that touted it fit the 2 and 3.....

7. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

"Macrumors is ripe with people who post that declare" I'm buying this one - it's the greatest!" and then point to a amazon or link. Be careful, they are case employees/shills."

That pretty much insinuates you think those people who post those things may be shills...then you single out the thread I started.

Choose your words better the next time. I'm just trying to give people options. I don't want to start a stupid argument on here. THe mods have been pretty good in the past couple of years of weeding out the shills on here that posted about the yoobao cases and stuff.

8. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

I did not see you post "I'm buying this one - it's the greatest!"

Lighten up...my words are fine....and will not change...and its good we're bumping this...someone unsuspecting is gonna get some bad products with amazon posting stuff like the link you put up...