Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sarngate

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
For anybody who is considering buying a new phone through Vodafone to take advantage of their 15% employer discount scheme, they have pulled the offer.

Fuming as their own website simply states all phones are eligible, but the phone centre guys have been told to block any applications on the new phones.

Now considering going through the hassle of returning and cancelling the contract, because Carphone Warehouse are offering a better deal !

Ridiculous. Has anybody else experienced this ?

Attachments

• 330DDCD6-130E-4BB2-AC00-C004D6BE6CF8.jpeg
    330DDCD6-130E-4BB2-AC00-C004D6BE6CF8.jpeg
    827.9 KB · Views: 58

ajhard

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
For anybody who is considering buying a new phone through Vodafone to take advantage of their 15% employer discount scheme, they have pulled the offer.

Fuming as their own website simply states all phones are eligible, but the phone centre guys have been told to block any applications on the new phones.

Now considering going through the hassle of returning and cancelling the contract, because Carphone Warehouse are offering a better deal !

Ridiculous. Has anybody else experienced this ?

Yes - I had the same experience, ordered from Voda due to the 15% and now discovered they have pulled it from the latest iPhones. To add insult to injury when I received it there was a small issue with the join between the back & front of the phone, to make my own life easier I went to Apple who swapped out the unit - great, except now Voda won't accept it as a return in their 30 day cooling off period... Anyone had experience of trying to cancel a handset contract when the handset you have is not the IMEI that you were shipped?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.