Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Would be interested to know how much money she has made on each platform—though at this point I doubt many people care about a listening to a three year old album.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
3 years seems a bit excessive. I get that you are trying to push people to subscribe to your service but if people haven't subscribed for an album in the first 6 months or so... I doubt they ever will.

questionmark32

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
The hate is strong with many of you. MR felt it was a big enough deal because of who she is. Many people did not subscribe to Apple Music because they didn’t get her latest content. The fact that Lemonade and her latest album are now on Apple Music may help people switch from Tidal to Apple Music. If you don’t like her music, that’s good for you. Why waste your time posting? If Pink Floyd had exclusive rights with another steaming service and decided to bring their music to Apple Music, you won’t see me complaining just because I don’t listen to their music

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
People may not like her music, most of her stuff isn't my jam personally, but gotta respect her success and her skill for the genre. This is probably the one album I'd be into. I think All Night is a great song on Lemonade and you don't really have to be a Bey fan to like it.

Last edited:

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Would be interested to know how much money she has made on each platform—though at this point I doubt many people care about a listening to a three year old album.
How much she made off Tidal is irrelevant. It was all about pushing customers to her hubby's streaming platform.

Reactions: JGIGS

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
How much she made off Tidal is irrelevant. It was all about pushing customers to her hubby's streaming platform.
I didn't realize her husband owns a streaming service. Honestly I'm not even sure who her husband is. Puff Daddy or something?

satpalram

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2010
GB
Didn’t she get round it by making videos for each song and releasing them on Apple Music, from the start?

(Don’t pretend Beyonce isn’t huge.)

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
But something tells me if Jay-Z married the lead singer from En Vouge, they would have the same success.
(I'm only half joking).
I had to reply to this. Beyonce is a much bigger artist than Jay Z has ever been. It's not even close. Jay Z is bolstered by her, not the other way around.

Reactions: oneofakind

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I can now cancel my Tidal free trial now that her Lemonade album is on AM!

/sarcasm

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Whew! That's a relief!

Content is content. Never hurts to have more of it if you're an AM subscriber whether you personally listen to it or not. Other people at least have the option to and that's never a bad thing.

Last edited:

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Here come “I don’t like Beyoncé” posts.
Yep. The relevance to news about Apple is about the push and pull of dealings in the music/streaming industry, not about the album/artist in the story, but so many here seem to think we really want to know about their musical taste (and funny how the loudest ones are the ones who are in a hurry to tell us they don't like that music, thinking for some reason we care). As if the site was "news about Apple plus bonus music reviews from random people". Her music doesn't do much for me (not that that matters), but even I know that "Lemonade" was an album that had considerable impact - and the album becoming available on Apple Music is a small but valid bit of news about Apple and the streaming music business.
[doublepost=1556052337][/doublepost]
Will MR show me love too, when I drop my 3 year old album on Apple Music?
Depends, are you as well known of an artist as she is? Was it a big deal, 3 years ago, that your album (which hit number one on Billboard) was on a new alternate service and not on Apple Music? If not, then why should MR show you any love?

jakeuten

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2016
Minnesota
Has anyone actually given this album a chance and listened to it start to end? Even Adele was upset that her album 25 got the Grammy for AOTY over this. There's a reason it had such a cultural impact when it came out.

Reactions: sickoagb

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
I watched the Metallica documentary on the Black album decades ago, and an insightful fan in it commented on the disdain the older generation for Metallica's music as such:

"Every generation will scorn the next, and their music"

Sadly, I find this to be generally true, and the hate posts here appear to bear that out somewhat.

There's room for every taste in the music industry, folks. Take it easy.

Reactions: CarlJ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.