beyond frustrated please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by panicqueen, Jan 14, 2011.

1. panicqueen macrumors newbie

i have the ipod touch 4g i've only had it for a few months i charged it a bit and was playing a game the battery was getting low a few hours later due to the app so i went to plug it back in before bed and my computer will no longer recognize it all of a sudden it says please replace device if windows still does not recognize it i am not replacing a $200 ipod i've only had for a few months i've tried everything on this forum and any other forum ive been able to find for the past few hours ive tried restoring/recovering my device however itunes wont find it due to my computer not finding it i tried the usb port thing in the devices sectionc of my control panel ive tried the stopping and starting of the apple service whatever and the ipod service ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling i tunes i have i tunes 10 whatever i've tried it disabling my internet connection, i've tried every usb port its now been 3 hours of trial and error to no avail please someone give me some advice that works :mad:

2. panicqueen thread starter macrumors newbie

this is the message that comes up everytime i connect my ipod

>.<

Attached Files:

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have you tried putting your iPod into DFU mode? If you don't know how, google "iPhone DFU" -- it's the same for both iPhone and iPod, and you're likely to get more hits if you search for iPhone.

4. Stevm macrumors newbie

5. panicqueen thread starter macrumors newbie

*&%$

tried dfu mode which i didnt want to do because itunes will not find my ipod because my computer does not recognize my ipod and now it wont even turn on

6. jkelly888 macrumors regular

jkelly888

If its the latest generation, it should still be under warrenty. I would take it to an apple store or call them.

7. panicqueen thread starter macrumors newbie

and i dont think its the cable because my ipod did manage to charge on it just will not be recognized by the computer or in my itunes

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Just bring it to an apple store and let them take a look if it wont even go into DFU mode.

9. panicqueen thread starter macrumors newbie

it has to be something with the computer i do not believe it is the ipod at this point

10. panicqueen thread starter macrumors newbie

the ipod itself seems to be just fine my computer will just not recognize it not allowing me to go on my itunes etc i can do all that from the ipod i just can't do anything between the computer and the ipod

11. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Yea you got that right. It's Microsoft Windows. :(

12. samh macrumors 6502

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

14. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Ha ha.

To the OP; try it on a different computer. Just download iTunes on another computer and see if it works.

15. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

try some periods, too.

16. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Please, please, please..use some sort of punctuation/grammatical structure.

17. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

lol