Beyond Remote: Streaming to my iPod Touch 4G?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by reech, Mar 5, 2011.

1. reech macrumors newbie

H'lo,

Just curious; I've looked through a few google articles, and I'm trying to find a way to stream from my iTunes Library on my Windows PC to my iPod Touch 4G.

The Remote app allows me to control iTunes (so I can start things playing) which I could then direct to alternate speakers - but my Airport Express kicked the bucket a while back.

So, I thought, why can't my iPod Touch be used as Airport speakers - but haven't found a way to do this yet :/

Any suggestions for getting this working - am I missing something obvious to enable this feature?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Wait for Friday. Your iPod touch will be able to use home sharing to stream things from iTunes when you're on the same network.

If you're looking for something to stream when you're out, that I'm not sure.

3. reech thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it - I was confusing the new features with what's there at the moment - that is exactly what I'm looking for, since it replaces the use of my dead Airport Express.

Thanks!

4. reech thread starter macrumors newbie

Had a little play with 4.3 and my ipod Touch 4G this morning - can't find any way for iTunes on my PC to recognise it as a speaker to stream music from iTunes to my iPod...

I've checked in Remote, to see if that has any options, but there's nothing going on there.