Beyza Cases iPhone 4 Strap 'Stitches' Case Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by icloud, Aug 31, 2010.

1. icloud macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

BEYZA iPHONE 4 LEATHER POUCH REVIEW

From Istanbul, Turkey to Calgary, Alberta (stopping at Leipzig & London on the way), my new Beyza iPhone 4 leather pouch arrived. I purchased the iPhone 4 Strap 'Stitches' Case in 'Vintage Black'. Here's a really quick review:

Pros:

- Beautiful leather with soft interior lining.

- Reasonably stiff protection.

- Pouch with 'pull-tab' ribbon to easily pull out phone.

- Protects both front & back panels of phone.

- Minimalistic design (pro for me).

- Allows you to carry phone without surrounding case (e.g. iPhone 4 Bumper), which I really don't like.

Cons:

- Can't use this pouch and a case (e.g. iPhone 4 Bumper) simultaneously. If you like encasing your phone this pouch won't do the trick.

- No access to volume controls & screen while in the pouch.

- Top of the iPhone remains exposed.

- Expensive (~$65) for Case + Shipping.

For me, this is the créme de la créme case. Neat, clean, minimalistic, pouch with pull-tab in beautiful leather and in a beautiful vintage black.

2. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Looks nice! I am waiting to get ether the book or the flip case. I like that vintage black leather. Post some more pics!

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I like it, it looks good. Thanks for the review :)

Update: Got a 10% off code " GADGETMAC10 "

4. icloud thread starter macrumors 6502

More Pics, As Requested:

Some more pictures for you:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Neoaucourant macrumors member

How clear does the sound come through those cut out's? How do you feel about the quality and durability of the pull strap?

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It's obviously not as clear and loud as when the phone isn't inside but I found it to be still very usable. The sound sounds like it's held back.

7. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Some people don't like using cases and don't mind having to take the phone out of the pouch. For me, I don't like flip cases because dealing with the dangling flap when I use the phone would get annoying. But as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks

8. james92se macrumors 6502a

I got a little pouch like this a month or two back in a "4 in 1" type "kit" from Spider-Foot. It came with a car charger, a screen protector, this little pouch, and something else for like $10 or something.

I've gotta admit the little pouch is pretty slick and I like the little pull cord thing, but, $65 for a piece of leather?? Even my little pouch is real leather..

That's some serious profit margin for Beyza! I'm in the wrong business :p

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

True but there are a few qualities of leather and what Beyza uses is very high. The fit and finish of their cases do not compare to those cheap ones. You get what you pay for and of course, if you don't have the money then don't get one. Beyza is actually on par with Vaja in terms of leather quality.

10. treeoflife macrumors member

Very "minimalistic [in] design." I do like simple designs, but not this one.

11. Doogals, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

Doogals macrumors newbie

Just a heads up to anyone considering ordering this case, the images posted by the OP show the case in "antique black" as opposed to "vintage black" (which is more of a suede looking finish).

I ordered my case in vintage black expecting it to look like pictures in this thread, but was surprised when it arrived and looked different. I contacted Beyza and they cleared up the confusion for me.

Also looks like they have changed the descriptions on their website to simply say "black".