Beyza Slimline Pouch for 3G (Pics Included)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by automatickyle, Jul 28, 2008.

1. automatickyle macrumors regular

I got this in a couple of days ago and have really enjoyed using it. I thought I would take pics and upload so people can get a first hand view and testimonial when making a decision on cases like I have been doing. I think this case is very classy looking and fits the iPhone very snug. As you can see if leaves the bottom open so you can dock and hear the speakers. I am very impressed and happy with it. I still think I will be getting another case because I like changing it up every now and then.

www.beyzacases.com

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. meistervu macrumors 65816

waiting for mine

I bought a Capsule Rebel and am about to return it if they let me. It's a pretty well made case. but it diminishes the feel of the phone too much. My thought was that this is a beautiful device and it's such a shame to cover it up. If I was to cover it up, I may as well go all the way and get a clear play through case. I may still get one of those for travel.

But for the most part I think I am going to use the phone naked. I have a Palm Pilot 1000 and it's still in perfect condition. I don't think I mind if 10 years from now the 3G got a few scratches. On the other hand, it would be a waste to cover up the beauty of the 3G.

I saw the Beyza Slimline Pouch the other day online and thought that's exactly what I wanted: just enough protection.

I was debating about the Slimline and the RoadLine. I like the "ejector" tab on the latter and it may come in handy when one have the phone in the pocket, but I ordered teh Slimline instead because it seems smaller and has a cutout at the bottom to connect to a sync cable. I wonder if the case will work with a universal dock.

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

No, it won't, but it only takes a moment to slip the iPhone out of the Beyza case.

4. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

5. TechJunky macrumors regular

I just got a black one. Really nice case.

Just FYI because its not clear on their website; most colors have a regular version (ie Black), one that's called "Flo", and "Vintage". I'm not sure the difference b/w the regular and the flo (it looks like the Flo may be a bit smoother looking), but the Vintage is more suede material. Well, maybe not ultra suede, but a softer leather. Looks really nice...classy.

6. meistervu macrumors 65816

Got mine - a short review

I received mine this morning. When they said 2 day shipping from Turkey to America, they meant it. The $14 and some change shipping cost is a great deal.

Mine is a Flo Tan color. I was amused that the case came in a well protected box, in some bubble wrap, and a cloth bag. After all it's a leather case whose job is to protect the device placed inside it. It would be fine to me if they had just put it in a paper envelope.

The case was beautifully made. The inside is soft suede, and the outside is like orange skin for lack of a better word. The stitching is incredible. It's about as perfect as I can see without putting it under a microscope. Yet it has that hand made feel. The leather itself is very supple yet seems to give enough protection in my opinion. No, the phone probably wouldn't survive if I drop it and a truck run over it, but it probably would survive the drop just fine. Come to think of it, the naked phone probably would be fine being dropped from a normal height, so the case is more or less to protect the phone from scratches and lessen the impact of a drop.

The case adds very little to the size of the phone. The fit is tight at first, but I imagine it with stretch a bit to fit like a glove in a few days. I like the cut out on the bottom for 3 reasons: 1)it helps removing the phone from the case; 2)I can connect the sync/charge cable without removing the phone; 3) it doesn't obscure the speaker.

As a final note, this case was designed with an air cushion at the bottom. You can see it in the photo. Ok, who am I kidding. The truth is the case is a bit tight in the beginning and until the leather stretches to fit the phone there is a 5mm gap at the middle between the bottom of the phone and the case. I imagine that the area will conform to the shape of the phone with a bit of use.

I like it.

Attached Files:

7. saxey macrumors member

Do these cases leave smudge marks on the screen when you put it in and take it out?

I tried a Belkin Slim Case and it left these streaks on the screen.

Plus, will my iPhone wth a Crystal Film display fit in it?

8. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

All these leather cases look so cheesy.

I look at them and expect someone to pull out their reading glasses

9. schubes macrumors regular

schubes

decision made

I got this one http://www.beyzacases.com/prod_images_blowup/BZ015761.jpg over the Vaja Retro Slim bag for a few reasons...

-I like the way it has a hole in the bottom so you can get it out easier, and also this will make it easier to hear rings
    -turn around time is way faster from what others have said
    -and obviously, the price is a fair bit lower

10. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

11. lmps56 macrumors member

does this case cover up the speakers?
    I dont think id mind it...just wanted to know :D
    how do you like yours?

edit: oops...shoulda read what you posted more properly
    so never mind

12. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

I put it in on my order last night and it worked!

13. automatickyle thread starter macrumors regular

you're that same guy that tried posting on the other thread aren't you? Stick with your silicon skin case. I'm sure none of us will mind.

14. schubes macrumors regular

schubes

Got mine last night, came extremely fast from Turkey to Western Canada (3 business days). Got the vintage brown leather. Looks good and quality is very high. Like the quoted says above, the cut out in the bottom is great, and thats what sold me on this one initially.

15. schubes macrumors regular

schubes

Thought I'd add that I got a text when in another room and heard the jingle loud and clear

16. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

been pondering one of these cases for a few weeks, and just ordered the black leather one for my 3G.. he 20% coupon works great too ;)

will post back when received

17. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

so i received my beyza case today..

i just of ordered the wrong one.. lol.. well.. my mistake actually.. i thought i was going to order the slimline pouch, but i ended up ordering the roadline one.. in black..

does what it says on the tin really.. no need for pics as they are already in the roadline thread..

i didn't get a white pouch thing with mine though :(

18. MemphisDave macrumors regular

MemphisDave

I just ordered the Flo Tan color. The 20% discount still works.
    MemphisDave

19. stevin macrumors regular

Are you happy with the roadline? is it a roadline slim? would you still prefer a slimline?
    I'm trying to decide between the 2

20. PAH Mac macrumors member

Case looks beautiful but I don't think I really understand how people are using these pouch type cases. If you are putting it into a purse or bag it would seem to make sense but are most people carrying the phone in their pocket in a pouch? It would seem awkward to have to take out the pouch and then remove the phone. Then you would be left holding an empty pouch and an unprotected phone that would be easily damaged if dropped. Can someone enlighten me?

21. bk888 macrumors newbie

Yes, many of us put our iPhones in a pouch and then in our pocket and we somehow manage to not drop our phones. I have a case with a flap and ultimately I don't really feel the need for it.

22. TechJunky macrumors regular

When its in my pocket or I'm using it, its naked. I keep it in the "pouch" when its in my car, in my backpack, at home on the table, connected to a computer, charging..basically everywhere else.

23. nlpamg macrumors member

I just got this to replace my SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel.

I'm so much happier with this case and the quality is pretty good.

Ordered it on Monday afternoon and got it this morning. $13 shipping isn't too bad.

24. ghettochild macrumors regular

I got this pouch (black- flo) for my 3G and I'm very happy with it, great quality. Shipped from Turkey to Hawaii in 3 days for $14- no complaints.