Bezel vs. No Bezel

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wrinkster22, Nov 9, 2011.

?

Do you Like Bezels around the screen?

1. I like the Bezel

28 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. eww I hate Bezels!

28 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. wrinkster22, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

So, Some macbook Pro's Have a bezel and others do not. This is just a personal preference poll. Which do you prefer the look of more? Bezel or without a bezel?
    Ok I mean the edge to edge glass(no bezel) or the MBP with the aluminum bezel

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

what kind of question is that?

the only macbook pros that have "bezels" are the 15 and 17inch models that have the optional anti glare screen one which has the silver bezel in place of the glass panel.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

All MBP's have bezels, whether they are silver or black.

Myself, I prefer the black bezel because it doesn't distract from the screen like silver does.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

not really, the glossy displays dont ahve an actual bezel. it has an edge to edge glass display. anti glares have an actual silver bezel that sticks out

5. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It seems like only those who spend most of their time admiring & staring at the style of their computer actually care. Those who use their computers care more about what it can do for them, than how good it looks sitting there.

Mines the tool I earn my living with. I've never entered it in a beauty contest.

6. mape2k macrumors regular

+1. Be happy that you've got such a nice piece of laptop and have fun using it!

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would like all screen for multi-display desktops.

Alas that is not an option and i have to deal with 2-3 inches of space between two monitors at all times.

8. bizzle macrumors 6502a

It still has a bezel.

9. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

My 55" Samsung has a "clear" bezel, and it's like a display floating in the middle of my bedroom, which is freaking awesome. I want all my displays to not have a bezel. Then again, I want Tony Stark's interface from Iron Man 2, but we're a few years off from that too.

10. randomrazr macrumors 65816

did u not hear what i siad? edge to edge glass display!!

11. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

His point was that you're wrong. It has edge-to-edge glass, but the actual display only comes within about 3/4 of an inch of the edge of the casing. Perhaps you're not familiar with the concept of a bezel, but you're absolutely wrong if you claim there is not a bezel around the monitor on the MBP simply because it's not raised.

jW

12. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Yelling louder doesn't make you any more correct. The glass may be edge to edge but there's still a bezel. You apparently don't know what bezel means.

13. Resist macrumors 68030

But it's not usable display space and why I say the glossy black edge is a bezel.

14. randomrazr macrumors 65816

the OP was asking if people prefered a physical bezel or one without (glossy)

so im nto wrong noob

15. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You're both wrong and rude. Frankly, I'd hope you simply quit now and never return to the forums here again.

jW

16. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

A bezel would be the black bar surrounding the display of most MacBook Pros (silver on antiglare and pre-unibody ones). All MacBook Pros have a bezel. For all glossy display MacBook Pros, the display and bezel are located under the glass.
    Now if you said whether or not if I like edge-to-edge glass versus glass surrounded by bezel, then I'd vote for edge-to-edge.