BF: Bad Company

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gamerz, Aug 4, 2008.

1. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

Hello everyone,

Has anybody gotten the chance to play the newly released Battle Field: Bad Company? I have seen some videos of gameplay and such, and it looks like alot of fun. Would it be worth buying?

Cheers!

Eric D.

2. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

Thank you very much.

Another quick, un-answered question.

In BF: Bad Company is it only single player live, like Call of Duty 4, or can multiple people play on xbox live while playing on the same console.

Cheers.

Eric D.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Not sure.. I enjoyed the single player campaign and finished it, but I never got round to playing online :eek:

4. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

Last question, I promise.

How does it compare to Call of duty 4? I have seen many videos of Bad Company, and it looks to be good, but I wanted to here some players opinions of it.

Eric D.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Only one person can play online at a time. As for how it compares to CoD4, Call of Duty is faster-paced, but lacks vehicles and the humor that Bad Company has.

Oh, and it lacks the controllable artillery too. ;)

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I like the radio controlled mortar fire. That has come in pretty handy throught the game.

I like the humor in it, but as far as a war game goes I enjoyed the cinematic experience that COD4 had.

7. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Picked up a copy of BF: Bad Company yesterday (along with two other bargin purchases - Mass Effect & C&C3... £15 for the both of them!) and was looking forward to playing the single player, and would you believe the timing of it, my 360 RROD'd :mad:

Frustrating having 3 new games to play and nothing to play them on!

I've heard some good things about the online play, one even saying it was better than COD4, but I don't believe that until I can see it for myself. I'm still thoroughly addicted to COD4 online.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I'm one of the persons that likes BF:BC multiplayer more than COD4. Online feels more open with the big maps, controllable helicopter, tanks, buggies. Its really chaotic in a fun way....things blowing up from every angle and you can get snipe anytime from anywhere.

Bless

9. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

Sounds good, I'll pick it up sometime later this week ;)

Eric D.

10. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

I've been itching for a new battle field, but is it true that BF:BC is only for 360 and PS3? no PC love?

11. evan g macrumors regular

well all the other battlefields were on the pc only...

12. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Exactly, that's why I find it strange that BC doesn't seem to be available for PC
    On a side note I hear they might come out w/ a BF3 (diff from BC)

13. evan g macrumors regular

well heck i figure if the recipe used in bc is just as great as all the other bfs then you could just go play 2142 and have pretty much the same experience (you know without the "say hello to to my little friend!"s)