BF2 on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by caldavey, Jan 21, 2008.

1. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

In a couple of days, I will receive via UPS Battlefield 2 complete collection, and Windows XP. I will install both onto my Intel Core 2 Duo MBP with 128MB vram (base model). My questions is, how well will I be able to play this game? I can play COD2 with quality settings set to EXTRA and with max resolution (I think it is 1440 by 900) with Anti-Aliasing set to 2x and it runs perfectly fine. I have 2GB RAM now, but I'm pretty sure I am going to be upgrading to 4GB soon. So how well will I play this game graphics wise? With information on 2GB and 4GB, but 2GB mainly please. Thank you in advance.

2. Architect4122 macrumors regular

For the age of that game, and your set up, it should run perfectly fine. I have the same set up as you, only the 256mb of vid memory. I played that game to death on my old athlon xp machine with 1.25gig of ram, 64mb vid card, and a 1.8ghz proc. low settings, but fun none the less.

As said, I played that game to death. You really want to play a game that is freak'n amazing? Call of Duty 4. I've been playing that non stop since I got it. You can't crank the visuals, but the settings you CAN play on are freak'n awesome.

3. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I would hazard a guess and say that it will run on similar settings. I run BF1942, and all of the Orange Box on high settings at 1440x900. The only difference you'd see between the 128MB vram and 256MB is the 256MB can load higher quality textures.

2 GB should be plenty - windows xp will only see a max of 3 GB anyway so it's not really worth it unless you will use it in OS X. Hope that helps.

4. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

Wow, that's good news... My friend had that game on his computer with a x1600 with 256 or 512 or something on his DELL desktop and BF2 would lagg crazily. I'd be piloting my chopper, next thing I know, I'm at the bottom of the sea... Ya I can't wait to get COD4. It's amazing on my friends 360. I hear that Aspyr is coming out with the Mac version in May. But I also heard that the games that are transfered from PC to Mac aren't as good if your playing them on the Mac version versus the PC version. Is this true?
    Thanks to both for the help. Can't wait!