Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noah03ark@hotma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
i just bought it earlier today

i already searched these forums and found nothing about my problem...though that isnt a garuntee that i have accidentally overlooked somthing, so sorry if i did
i have a new 2.4ghz 2gig ram macbook pro

i installed it (click n' drag to applications folder)
i put it my cd key
i registered online
i accepted the terms
it prompts me about my trackpad with no right click, asked if i wanted to see the readme, i said know cause i already know what to do
the icon in the dock bounces for a second then stops, no arrow underneath (to show the program is active, you allready know that)
so i click it again, and then the bf2142 icon for a split 1.5 second appears at the far right end of the dock, bounced for a split second wiht arrow underneath then dissppears

it wont work
can i have help please? in new to running games on a mac,
i know this was ported with cider, do i need somthing for that or what?
please help

thanks in advance

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Open your activity monitor and make sure the "wineserver" is closed. It can sometimes hang and if it does, the next time you try to start the game it won't start.

For giggles and grins, open activity monitor, kill the wineserver and any process that has "cider" in it. Then try again. See if that helps.

Also, check to see if you Application Enhancer (APE) as that has been known to cause issues with CIDER.

Hope my fittycent helps.

noah03ark@hotma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Open your activity monitor and make sure the "wineserver" is closed. It can sometimes hang and if it does, the next time you try to start the game it won't start.

For giggles and grins, open activity monitor, kill the wineserver and any process that has "cider" in it. Then try again. See if that helps.

Also, check to see if you Application Enhancer (APE) as that has been known to cause issues with CIDER.

Hope my fittycent helps.
:eek: that must be it!!! i have application enhancer! how do i rid of it or fix it or what?

ok i got rid of appehnancer...but im not fast enough to terminate cider and wineserver in time for it to boot

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
is it me or is battlefield 2142 just riddled with bugs i want to get that game once i get a better mac since macbook is not the greatest for games. Bf 1942 is the best I think anyways lol my 2 cents lol :D

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
:eek: that must be it!!! i have application enhancer! how do i rid of it or fix it or what?

ok i got rid of appehnancer...but im not fast enough to terminate cider and wineserver in time for it to boot

If you got rid of APE you shouldn't see it in your system preferences anymore. Also might want to do a finder search for any remaining files.

as far as those 2 services. When you try to start the game and if it crashes. Open your activity monitor and kill any of those services, then restart and see if the game opens. Don't try to kill them after you start the game, they are needed to run the game. It's just they might get hung up and cause any future attempts to start the game to fail.

If the game won't load, kill those services, then try to start again. Before when I had this issue I did that and I could at least start the game.

noah03ark@hotma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
If you got rid of APE you shouldn't see it in your system preferences anymore. Also might want to do a finder search for any remaining files.

as far as those 2 services. When you try to start the game and if it crashes. Open your activity monitor and kill any of those services, then restart and see if the game opens. Don't try to kill them after you start the game, they are needed to run the game. It's just they might get hung up and cause any future attempts to start the game to fail.

If the game won't load, kill those services, then try to start again. Before when I had this issue I did that and I could at least start the game.

oooh
then i need to fully rid of app enhancer, okay...

it still keeps sayin a debugger has been detected and to unload it

what and where is that???

bigmur72

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
nashville
This might help

I have a new generation iMac. And until tonight, I couldn't play 2142 at all. You have to lower your display resolution. I put mine to 800X600 and it seems to work just fine.

Anyone know why I can't play multiplayer? For some reason everytime it gets to the "join game" screen, it tells me I have a server error and I cant join.

thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.