OS X BF4 On Retina MacBook Pro 15"

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by loon3y, Sep 26, 2014.

1. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

I travel a lot, and for work i do need a Macbook (app development) .

how is BF4 on the Retina Macbook Pro? I've seen some videos, but i was wondering if there were any that had first hand experience.

Also its a given i should install it on a windows bootcamp correct?

2. diegopm macrumors newbie

On the 15 RMBP with nvidia 750m runs fine, like 45 fps average with medium details and 1680x1050 resolution. And yes, it has to be played with Bootcamp, I use windows 8.

3. spit006 macrumors newbie

Yes BF4 will work great. I have the new rMBP and i split my 512SSD with boot camp and OSX - on the boot camp i have BF4, and Titan, and SC2 - I travel all the time for work also and this was a good option for me, and i didn't want a big bulky gaming computer -

runs all the games great- bring a good usb mouse and you will be ready to rock on the road -

4. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

It runs great. I have the 2012 15" rMBP and BF4 runs perfect at high settings. I'm incredulous at how graphically efficient that game is.

By the way, I bought it before I got in to software development and figured I would never need more than 8GB of RAM. Boy was I wrong. I got in to app development and it was a mistake to only get 8GB. Make sure to get at least 16GB