BGR says apple created a mess. HOW?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shk718, Apr 16, 2015.

1. shk718 macrumors 65816

They created a popular product. Put it up for pre-order (many people hate standing in line) and sold out. What "mess" did they create? If the 2 million number is accurate that means they could have had lines around the block with 2 million people buying the watch. Would people have been happy with that?

http://bgr.com/2015/04/16/apple-watch-release-date-availability/

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They'll always find something to criticize regardless of the circumstance.

3. blatch macrumors member

blatch

BGR likes to stir **** and make other people complain that it stinks.

4. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

That stinks.
    2M - i can't believe there are that many fools..:eek:

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

My only guess for something to point to is that Apple advertized the watch being available on the 24th. Typically pre-order is a means to save time so that you don't have to wait in line on release day. In this case, the 24th turns out to be the first delivery day of the only way you could have purchased. With phones, you could pre-order or you could stand in line, your choice. The product was available on release day.

Maybe there are some that did not pre-order because they were going to wait and get in line early on the 24th only to find out that its not like all other releases. Just a guess.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I really don't think Apple was expecting 2+ million preorders the first weekend.

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

8. andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

This has really been blown out of proportion on BGR. I'm satisfied that Apple's taken action on their part to send clarity to consumers, which was what I personally wanted as well. Also, I don't ever believe I was an "unhappy customer". Jeez.

9. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

10. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

They've been also striking out a lot lately when it comes to their "sources".

11. kovey macrumors 6502a

BGR is basically all sensationalized clickbait. I stopped following them sometime during the iPhone 6/6+ releases.

12. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

There once was a time when BGR was a great tech site. now they just post the same things over and over gushing over products (how many times can you use "gorgeous" in your titles?)

13. whawhat macrumors 6502

It is a bit of a "mess" considering they have to release an update to clarify availability. Apple paid a ton of $ to bring Angela over from Burberry to help shape their retail vision. Always easier in hindsight but maybe Apple could have held some qty's back for availability at key flagship doors for the 24th launch. Either way the big winner is going to be Ebay...

14. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

BGR loves sensationalist headlines. I removed them from my RSS feed because of their all-caps story titles that don't match the actual web page story title. :confused:

15. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Big Giant aRses.

Ignore them. They're a troll site.

16. BradWould macrumors 6502

BradWould

What a mess! They sold more watches then even Apple expected. I bet Tim Cook is super upset about it.

17. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Go try one on - you will change your tune quickly.

18. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Entirely their fault if so. It was announced well in advance of the pre-orders starting that online was the only way to get it.

19. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

BGR is a sensationalist website that always creates sensationalist titles by using words like:

the most
    the least
    the worst
    the best
    OMG
    no way
    hell no
    finally
    for the first time ever
    never before
    ever again
    whatsoever
    unbelievable
    earth-shattering
    etc.

Basically, BGR is the most shameless clickbait mess.

20. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Websites make money by driving traffic to their site. If they said "It's great!" nobody would care. Therefore, they write a crazy article to cause a stir and attract eyeballs.

21. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

You guys realize that if ANYONE says anything remotely negative about the watch or Apple, that you instantly respond with things like this, right? MAYBE.. just maybe, it's a mess, and that's ok for you to admit.

22. whatos macrumors 6502a

I believe Apple knew that demand would be strong. Between the Apple brand which has a lot of influence, and the cash outlay Apple has spent promoting the product, Apple was fully prepared.

23. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

I did with two apple employees last night. Even the apple employees didn't order them and they get a 50% discount!

24. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Right... :rolleyes:

The employees at the store I visited were all stoked and a couple had even gotten up early to pre order at full price.

25. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Heheh. Yeeeeaaaaahhh. baby!! :D :D
    Those that want to live their life by constant cost-value and ledger sheet analysis....the lobby is that way ----->