Bi-Directional adapter for 21.5inch Imac.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Availe, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Availe macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm wanting to play Xbox on my Imacs screen. Being the 21.5inch, it doesn't have a input jack. Just an out put.

I've talked with several people i know, and a few tell me one thing, and another few tell me another. What i would like to know is, is there a adapter, or a way i can do this?
    I know a 27inch can do it, but i cant find out how for a 21.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.:apple:

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The 21.5" iMac's don't have a DisplayPort. That's what enables the 27" iMac's to be used as a display for other devices. Sorry man, you're out of luck.

3. Availe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats it? =/ Quite disappointed.. All well. Back to games on my 16inch XD thanks for your help.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That's it. The mini DisplayPort on the 27" iMac is unique amongst Macs in that it works in both directions. There are hacks. There are no workarounds. The only solution is external hardware like something from Elgato.

5. Availe thread starter macrumors newbie

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The same way it works to let you view TV on a Mac. Of course it's pretty much limited to non-HD. Do a search. There are lots of threads about playing XBox or Playstation on a Mac screen and they all come down to using TV capture systems.